GE CLOTHING IRONS PROBLEMS
Information about the problems and breakdowns of GE clothing irons that were reported from 2011 to 2016.
Common problems: burning, fire, overheating.
3 issues reported
The iron was plugged into the outlet and while "heating up" to be used sparks began to be emitted form where the plug in cord enters bottom of the iron. Upon inspection of the area where the cord enters the iron it is in a swivel base and the connection appears to be loose.
Internal wiring burned through back hard plastic cover of iron ( i.e. base of iron when standing up, back of iron when ironing) with 2 copper wires showing through melted hard plastic. No damage to exterior cord. Did not trip home circuit breaker.
while the consumer attempting to plug the iron into the wall outlet she noticed that one of the prongs on the cord was missing & the other was stuck inside of the electrical outlet. fire hazard. no injuries.
View All +