LG COMPUTERS PROBLEMS
Information about the problems and breakdowns of LG computers that were reported from 2012 to 2021.
Common problems: burning, fire, smoke.
7 issues reported
consumer smelled smoke & found that there was a fire (flames) inside the computer. The source of the fire was the HD DVD drive. The rear of the drive was heavily charred. consumer stated that fire was caused by burning plastic of the power & connectors at the rear of drive.
I purchased a new phone. It came with the USB AC Adapter Charger Kit. I kept hearing a buzzing or vibrating noise due to the charger. My domestic partner, 42 YOF touched the plug end of the charger & she received an electrical shock that left a minor electrical burn/blisters.
Consumer reported that she turned on tablet & it became extremely hot while she was using it. She stopped using it & plugged it in to charge overnight & when she woke next morning unit was not working, it burned itself out.
The consumer stated that the USB charging cord was not plugged up and while he was not home, it caught fire and burned a small hole in the carpet.
Consumer reported that disk writer caught fire inside of tower PC. Flames were shooting out the back. It destroyed computer. Consumer indicated that house was saved by smoke alarms.
LG LG 32ML600M-B
17 YOM was doing school work when the monitor broke from the base and fell toward keyboard and his hands. He caught it before it hit the desktop. The consumer indicated that the monitor is large and heavy and the design of the base is not sufficient to support its weight.
The Consumer stated that the "USB to C" charging cord was plugged into the car and the cord started to smoke, melt and was close to catching fire at the "C" end. The Consumer reported unspecified injury to 18-year-old son.
View All +