tappan ranges-ovens

Information about the problems and breakdowns of Tappan ranges and ovens that were reported from 2011 to 2017.

Common problems: burning, explosion, fire, glass shattering, melting, overheating.

Faulty modules: control board, display, door.


7 issues reported

Tappan 30-4979-23/01

  • Date: 10/5/2011

The consumer report that the gas oven was on & very hot & could not get it to shut off. There was a F2 code on the digital display & a constant beeping. She states that there was an electronic ignition installed on it a few years ago.

Tappan TEF351EWC

  • Date: 2/25/2012

Consumer reports that three of four electric ranges they purchased have had problems where the main board goes out and the oven tempature just keeps getting hotter and hotter instead of maintaining it. One of them melted the back of the unit where the wires are located.

Tappan TEF351EWJ

  • Date: 9/19/2014

The consumer stated that two year old electric range had an electrical fire in the control panel. This fire started when he pressed the bake unit on. The sparks and flames reached at most 6 inches. It lasted about 5 seconds and scorched the wall in several spots.

Tappan TEF361GSA

  • Date: 4/22/2015

After cooking dinner I turned the range burner off but it turned to high. I turned the knob back on & then off again the burner looked like it went off then immediately went to glowing red again with the knob turned off. I tried 4 times & finally shut the breaker off.

Tappan TEF351EWN

  • Date: 12/23/2015

The consumer stated that her son's girlfriend came home and found glass on the kitchen floor. The consumer stated that she went to her son's home and saw that the outer and inner glass in the oven door had imploded.

Tappan Electric Range

  • Date: 2/3/2017

Consumer reported that 70 YOF was baking chicken in oven of electric range. After she removed chicken she closed oven door & glass shattered all over kitchen & into adjacent rooms.

Tappan TEF351EWB

  • Date: 5/3/2017

Electric range glass oven door exploded sending glass 6' onto kitchen floor. Few pieces of glass were found 17' away in dining room. Two loud crashes were heard from upstairs. Oven hadn't been used in 4 days. Fumes from self cleaning feature were intolerable.

View All +